Are you passionate about conservation and connecting people to nature? Do you want to help protect our land, water and wildlife?
Join the Manitoba Chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society in our fight to Keep Manitoba Wild.
CPAWS Manitoba has helped establish 22 new parks and protected areas: at 26,000 square kilometers that’s an area larger than Lake Winnipeg.
With your help, we hope to protect half of Manitoba’s wild spaces.
We are seeking an energetic and inspiring Outreach and Education Officer to join our growing team.
This is a full-time, term position funded through March 31, 2022 which may become permanent. The starting salary will be the equivalent of $45,000 to $50,000 a year.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the Manitoba component of the Canadian Wilderness Stewardship Program, which is designed to empower the next generation of Canada’s environmental stewards by providing the tools and confidence they need to advocate for protecting Canada’s land and waters.
You will be instrumental in ensuring the wilderness trip is a success and supporting and inspiring the youth to deliver impactful community service projects. You will also support the youth’s participation in a conference in Ottawa.
Additional duties will focus on supporting our work with the Fisher River Cree Nation Conservation Areas Initiative and engaging the general public in conservation. You will play a role in planning events such as nature hikes and managing the efforts of summer students and volunteers.
You will show the impact of our engagement efforts in a variety of ways including writing blogs, shooting photos and videos during events, and drafting reports to the funder.
You will support other team members as needed and report to the Executive Director.
- A university or college degree in marketing, communications, environmental sciences, education or a related discipline.
- At least three years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working with youth, volunteers and the general public.
- Program management experience.
- Meeting planning and logistical experience.
- Experience managing social media feeds and writing blogs.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience planning events in a professional setting.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, organize work independently, fulfill assigned tasks, and meet crucial deadlines.
- The ability to work flexible hours and travel within Canada.
- Ability to work remotely during COVID-19 public health restrictions.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal record and vulnerable sector check prior to employment.
CPAWS is committed to Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal and Metis persons, women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references in a single document through our online form below or by email to [email protected] (subject line: Outreach & Education Officer). Applications are due by end of day on March 7, 2021. We appreciate all applications but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.