Are you passionate about conservation and connecting people to nature? Do you want to help protect our land, water and wildlife?
Join the Manitoba Chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society in our fight to Keep Manitoba Wild.
CPAWS Manitoba has been instrumental in establishing 22 parks and protected areas in our province. At 4 million hectares, that’s an area 1.6 times the size of Lake Winnipeg.
With your help, we hope to protect half of Manitoba’s wild spaces.
We are seeking a savvy and enthusiastic Digital Media and Public Outreach Coordinator who can engage Manitobans in our campaigns online and – as covid restrictions ease – in person.
Your primary responsibility is to convince individuals to take action on our campaigns and to expand our supporter base in Manitoba. You will also work to grow our community of like-minded conservationists by helping people appreciate the value of wilderness through events like guided hikes, outdoor learning experiences and skate nights.
This is a full-time one-year term position which may become permanent. The starting salary will be the equivalent of $40,000 to $45,000 a year and includes a health/dental package.
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Digital Marketing Responsibilities:
- Work with the communications manager to develop a social media strategy that will achieve specific targets for engagement, audience growth and actions on key campaigns.
- Create, manage, execute and monitor day-to-day communications and campaigns across social media platforms.
- Use A/B testing, segmented audiences and other tools to test, monitor & evaluate campaign performance.
- Work with the communications manager to rapidly adjust campaigns as needed to achieve results.
- Produce regular metrics reports with actionable insights.
- Create content — including blogs, graphics and videos — to build community and spark engagement.
- Consistently innovate by looking for ways to improve processes, test new content, and research new platform features and technologies.
- Support the development and execution of editorial calendars.
- Manage and perform website updates, ensuring pages are optimized and regularly maintained to ensure consistency.
- Demonstrate good judgement in flagging and drafting responses to issues that arise on our social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director and the communications manager.
Public Outreach Responsibilities:
- Manage outreach events such as guided hikes and skate nights.
- Develop a plan for outreach tabling activities as covid restrictions ease.
- Develop and manage a network of volunteers to support outreach events and tabling activities.
- Provide support to our outdoor learning program.
- A university or college degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related discipline.
- Minimum three years experience managing social media platforms and developing content for multiple platforms (non-profit campaign experience is preferred)
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills. French is an asset but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Social Media principles and best practices for communications and social media messaging.
- Demonstrated digital marketing skills: SEO/SEM, A/B and multivariate experiments, paid ads, etc.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills: including use of Adobe Creative Cloud or a comparable platform.
- Effective critical / analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and make decisions, often on short notice.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize work effectively and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, organize work independently, work with the team, fulfill assigned tasks, and meet crucial deadlines.
- The ability to occasionally work flexible hours and travel within Manitoba. Typical weeks are 9 – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Ability to work from home or in the office.
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset but not required.
CPAWS is committed to Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal and Metis persons, women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Please use our online application form below or email a cover letter and resume with references to outreach at cpawsmb dot org (subject line: Digital Marketing and Outreach Coordinator).
Applications are due by the end of day, September 20, 2020. We appreciate all applications, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.