We are seeking a savvy and enthusiastic Brand Ambassador who can engage Manitobans in our conservation campaigns online and in person.
Your primary responsibility is to convince individuals to take action on our campaigns and to expand our supporter base in Manitoba. You will also work to grow our community of like-minded conservationists by helping people appreciate the value of wilderness through events like guided hikes, outdoor learning experiences and skate nights.
This is a full-time one-year term position which may become permanent. The salary range will be $18-20/hour for a 37.5 hour week and includes a health/dental package after 3 months of employment.
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Digital Marketing Responsibilities
- Manage social media feeds and lead event promotion.
- Create content — including blogs, graphics and videos — to build community and spark engagement.
- Perform website updates.
- Identify and engage social media influencers in our campaigns.
- Use A/B testing, segmented audiences and other tools to test, monitor & evaluate campaign performance.
- Work with the communications director to rapidly adjust campaigns as needed to achieve results.
- Produce regular metrics reports with actionable insights.
- Consistently innovate by looking for ways to improve processes, test new content, and research new platform features and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Public Outreach Responsibilities
- Host outreach events such as guided hikes and skate nights.
- Engage the public using outreach tables at farmer’s markets and other high traffic areas like the river walk or (in summer) beaches.
- Run contests and distribute prizes.
- Experience managing social media platforms and developing content.
- Working knowledge of WordPress and general comfort with web design.
- Strong knowledge of Social Media principles and best practices for communications and social media messaging.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including experience in public speaking and/or delivering presentations.
- Ability to listen actively to and respect, consider and incorporate the views of others.
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions and see opportunities.
- Organized, professional, and reliable.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive work attitude, and collaborative working style.
- Self-initiating and thrives in an independent working environment.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset but not required.
Physical & Other Demands
- The ability to work flexible hours and occasionally travel within Manitoba.
- Will be expected to perform outreach work on some evenings and weekends.
- Will be required to obtain first aid certification: training will be paid for by the employer.
- Ability to work from home or in an open-plan office (we are currently working primarily remotely due to COVID-19.)
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- All CPAWS mut be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as per national policy.
- Please note to be an eligible candidate you must be a post-secondary graduate between 18-30 years of age and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have Canadian refugee status, which qualifies you for Eco Canada’s wage subsidy program.
Diversity and Inclusion
CPAWS is committed to being an inclusive organization and is working to better reflect and represent the diversity of the communities we serve. We encourage members from the following communities to apply and self-declare in your application: Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Immigrant or refugee, People with disabilities, LGBT2SQ+.
Being a member of an equity group is among our hiring selection criteria. Your declaration of membership in any of these groups will remain confidential.
Please fill in the form on our website or email a cover letter and resume with references to outreach at cpawsmb dot org (subject line: Brand Ambassador).
Applications are due by the end of day, July 3, 2022. We appreciate all applications, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
CPAWS Manitoba has been instrumental in establishing 22 parks and protected areas in our province. At nearly 26,000 kilometers, that’s an area larger than Lake Winnipeg.
With your help, we hope to protect half of Manitoba’s wild spaces.